This article has outlined that the main causes of the “the installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase” error and offered several solutions to fix the error. Step 3.Navigate to the “Services” tab and check the option for “Hide all Microsoft services.” If this fixes the error, ensure you re-enable the antivirus software and firewall immediately after installing Windows 10 on your computer.
- Your system might not start, only partially start or be unstable in one of those “I know something is wrong with this computer but I’m damned if I know what it is” kind of ways.
- In this article we will show how to use it to disable the Settings app and Control Panel.
- Scroll down and locate the Windows update service, right click on it and select restart.
For example, you could download and run an application that will help Windows boot faster. Many contain bloatware and install additional files on your computer that you don’t need. Windows devices, especially Windows 10 machines, often have issues that people report in online forums. These problems differ from errors, application malfunctions, or failure.
Picking Out Clear-Cut Secrets In Dll Errors
If it doesn’t start automatically, you might have to force it to shut down. If this doesn’t work, you can try restarting manually. If you’re unable to restart the system automatically, try performing a hard reset on your computer.
- On a more positive note, Microsoft also puts out Windows updates so your newer software can be compatible and play nicely together.
- This error Microsoft Edge Opens then Closes Immediately after Opening occurs while you are trying to start the Microsoft Edge browser.
- These applications will automatically get launched whenever you Switch ON the laptop or Windows 11 device.
- If you want to undo the changes, you can use the same instructions outlined above, but on steps 4, right-click the hash of the app currently blocked, and select the Delete option.
Use the Send To command from the Open dialog box to copy files to a flash drive or external USB drive. The SOFTWARE registry key is now mounted to a branch named MyKey. If Windows doesn’t start, then boot the system using your Windows installation media to access the Recovery Options.
Rapid Solutions Of Dll Files – Updated
Chrome always autostarts on my system (and yes, I’ve double checked all the settings to make sure it’s not set to do that). That being said, Fastboot might be useful for people on a slow HDD. For any old instructions that told you to do a cold boot, i.e. Shut down, then start up again, if on a default Win 10, you need to do a restart instead now. I have had many issues with SoundBlaster card drivers over the years since Win 10 and this has always fixed it. On a modern PC, a few seconds more at boot is worth a ton of stability. And perhaps gradually build up a list of Commentard-recommended software https://windll.com/dll/other/r.